News and Media
This page contains the latest news from the project, and includes promotional material published by the project.
Here is a sneak peek of the APOLLO service platform, which is already being tested by farmers in the APOLLO pilot areas. The platform is scheduled to be launched to the wider public in a … Read more
APOLLO’s four services are based on cutting-edge technological advances in the field of precision agriculture. The technologies used to develop our services ensure that our users get trustworthy data / advisory services. For this reason, … Read more
The APOLLO team is working closely with pilot farmers to provide services that will help farmers do more in their everyday farming tasks in fewer steps. Farmers are at the forefront of APOLLO’s development efforts, … Read more
Growing healthy plants is a top priority for every farmer and agricultural consultant, and this means keeping a constant eye on seedling health to spot problems as early as possible. Even on smaller farms, this … Read more
Media and publications
APOLLO in the media
Since the start of the project on the 1st of March 2016, representatives of the consortium have appeared in the media, presenting APOLLO through regional TV interviews and articles in national news.
In the pilot countries
- Interviews in national media
- Article: Прецизна пољопривреда- Аполо пројекат
- Article: Одржана трибина о мерама аграрне и кредитне политике у Руми
- Article: Пољопривредници, користите сателитску технологију већ данас
- Article: APOLLO: Η ΕΦΑΡΜΟΓΗ ΠΟΥ ΕΠΙΤΡΕΠΕΙ ΣΤΟΥΣ ΑΓΡΟΤΕΣ ΝΑ… ΚΑΛΛΙΕΡΓΟΥΝ ΑΠΟ ΜΑΚΡΙΑ
- Article: Σε νέα εποχή περνούν οι καλλιέργειες μέσω του έργου Apollo
- Article: Αγροτική παραγωγή με δορυφόρους και ρομπότ
Around Europe (en)
- The increasing potential of data-driven precision agriculture, EOmag
- Helping small farmers to meet growing food needs, EC website
Members of the APOLLO consortium have published the following scientific papers under the framework of the APOLLO project:
- Anastasiou, E., Tsiropoulos, Z., Fountas, S., Osann, A., Protic, D., Simeonidou, M., & Xenidis, L., User requirements for a satellite-based advisory platform, Advances in Animal Biosciences, 368-371, 2017.
- Calera A., Campos I., Osann A., D’Urso G. and Menenti M., Remote Sensing for Crop Water Management: From ET Modelling to Services for the End Users, c Sensors, 2017.
- Kilibarda M., Protic D., Sekulic A. and Antonijevic O., Global daily meteorological
data for agricultural services, Conference on Big Data from Space (BiDS’17), Research, Technology and Innovation, 2017
- Protić D., Milutinović S., Antonijević O., Sekulić A., Kilibarda M., Sensitivity of vegetation indices derived from Sentinel-2 data to change in biophysical characteristics, in
proceedings of Geostatistical and Machine Learning Applications and Environmental Sciences (GeoMLA), Belgrade, Serbia, 2016.